Monday, April 19, 2010

Looks Can Kill

If looks could kill
My man would truly fit the bill.
He’s drop dead handsome,
His moods erratic and random.

Every time he leaves me cowering
My vases would be flowering.
His sweet nothings mask his controlling
Making me wish the cops were patrolling.

His devotion, vows and gifts
Signal that he is evermore
Loving me to death.

Afraid to speak, afraid he’ll decide
Today’s the day for the judge to preside.
Justice to my man
Has rules I don’t understand.
As far as he’s concerned;
I wear his brand.

I am his property;
I cannot run, I cannot scream;
No matter where I flee;
He finds his punching bag;
My screams for his steam.

My soul fell in a hole
So deep I’m lost forever.
His threats a heavy toll,
In his everlasting control.

No comments:

Post a Comment